Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holiday Tag

Tim Holtz' "12 Tags of Christmas" series did, in fact, inspire me!  Ever had one of those projects that starts out as one idea, then takes on a life of its own?  That's what happened to me.  And I think it turned out much better than what I originally planned.





















I started off by attaching some Basic Grey "Mistletoe and Pear" paper to a manilla tag.  Then I embossed the flourish with Winter Wonderland embossing powder, and the sentiment with silver embossing powder.

Then I sponged some Walnut Stain distress ink over the sentiment and edges of the card.  It did make the images stand out a bit more, but the silver is still a little light.  I used a baby wipe (thank God for Huggies!) to dab the ink off of the embossed images.


The metal medallion came from Cathy's Jewels, and I used a scrap of ball chain to attach it to the bow.  Last of all, I put a rhinestone snowflake right in the middle of the medallion circle. 

This was pretty fun, but took awhile to get just right.  I probably wouldn't do this for all of my gift tags :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Pam! This turned out lovely! Very vintage-y and very Tim!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous !! btw happy almost birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete