Friday, June 25, 2010

Lullaby and Goodnight



Lately it seems like I'm seeing brand new bundles of joy everywhere.  Maybe it's just that my son had his first "big boy" haircut this week.  It was his own decision to get a buzz cut - a definite style choice for him.  It made me realize that the days of cuddling are slipping away.  Yes, they'll be replaced by new and fascinating reasons to be proud and love that boy even more.  But, as a mom, that dependence on me is  hard to let go.

On the other hand, there are new babies in our family, and friends who will have new additions later this year.  Which means I can cuddle and coddle without losing sleep, changing diapers, and worrying about every new irregularity in their lives.



If you have growing ones of your own, enjoy them to the fullest.  If you don't, borrow one!  Let a baby fall asleep on your lap and all the stress of the world just melts away.  It's better than Valium, I tell you!

Have a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. as if my clock wasn't ticking loud enough as it is! :)

    ReplyDelete