Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wheels

There are days when I am happy to just sit and sift through all of the cool little doodads that I've accumulated.  It fills my head with daydreams and memories.  It makes me crave period films and Louisa May Alcott books.

Inevitably, art ideas emerge and I have to stop dreaming and start designing. 

Who else out there stuck playing cards in the spokes of their bike wheels?  Yes, I'm old, but some things really were better way back when.  We used to raid our mom's wooden clothes pins and beg the jokers from the card pack.  And you had to get the alignment just right to get the perfect clickety clack sound.


I found some great metal buttons in a grab bag at our local antique store and decided to use them on a nice old fashioned guy card.  This one reminds me of leather furniture and silk ties.  Shiny black wing tips and pipe smoke.  I've always kind of liked the smell of pipe smoke. 

Speaking of tobacco...my mom and I had a chuckle on Sunday of "card weekend" because my fingers were so stained with brown dye that I looked like I'd been rolling my own smokes!

Well, that's it for today.  Hope all is well in your world.  I'll be back later with a touch of spring...

No comments:

Post a Comment