Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Touch of Spring

If April showers bring May flowers, then there better be some truly spectacular blooms next month.  Normally I kind of like the rain.  But lately even I am getting sick of this drippy nonsense going on in Portland.  The ground is perpetually squishy, the gutters are a slimy mess, and my poor car is getting a little green scum in the nooks and crannies where the carwash can't reach. Ugh!

So, here's my temporary antidote - some lovely blooms.



These bright lilies remind me what will be showing up in my yard when the sun finally gets warm enough.  Something to look forward to.

Dylan and I are going to start planting our little garden in a week or two - strawberries and pumpkins, and some zinnias for color.



I love walking in the woods in the springtime and stumbling upon the pretty little irises hiding among the ferns.  They always look like fairy flowers to me.  Ever since I watched the first Tinkerbell movie, I can't help but imagine little sprites painting all the flowers when nobody is looking.

Hope you find a little magic in your day.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. When you compare an e-card and a wedding greeting card bought from a store, the latter is more personal. You get to put your own handwriting in it. You also get to mail it so that the couple you’re sending it to can touch it and keep it as a souvenir of some sorts. Cards sent through the post office are a lot better, more heartwarming, and has a longer lifespan than the ones downloaded over the internet.

    adult greeting cards

    ReplyDelete