Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ink Spots

Finally made it to the art store to buy some watercolor paper.  Since I don't paint, this isn't one of my normal supplies.  But, I have long wanted to try my Distress Inks with watercolor paper.

Distress Inks are reactive with water, so you can create many wonderful techniques with them.  They come in pads, stains, bottles and markers.
In this case I used the stains, and pads.  To create a background color, I rubbed an ink pad on my no-stick craft sheet and very lightly misted it with water.  Then I just laid the watercolor paper on the craft sheet and pressed down with my palms.  I did not move the paper at all.
Next step was to wipe the craft sheet clean and swirl some stain on it so that it beaded up in good sized beads.
Lastly, I laid the paper on the craft sheet face down.  I did not press it down, just let the ink touch it.  When I turned the paper over, the ink was beaded on the surface.  I took a narrow plastic straw and blew the ink around on the paper.  I swirled the straw in circular motions to create the spidery looking splatters.  Then I let the sheets air dry.  I didn't use the heat tool because I didn't want to move the ink around any more.


Now I just have to decide whether I want to cut these up and make cards, or just enjoy them as they are!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment