Monday, March 5, 2012

Pocket Watch Pendant

I love when I find a new treasure that immediately inspires me.  A vision of exactly what I'm going to do just pops into my head and I can't wait to make it reality.

This amazing pocket watch case is engraved with wonderful flourishes around the sides and on the back.  The back pops off so you can fill the inside with whatever you want.

I filled the inside with silk flowers, a cameo, and a vintage  chandelier crystal.  Then I topped it with some charms and vintage jewelry parts.

The best part is the front window flips open when you push the button on top of the watch.  The front glass is a magnifier, so you can really see the inside.  When you flip it open, it's just regular glass.  Very sweet!

I love that it's so easy to find intriguing art supplies in Portland.  And there are so many uses for found objects and little vintage baubles.  So glad to live in such an artistic city!

Thanks for visiting.  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment