Our neighbor's daughter attends an art-focused elementary school. They're having their annual auction and she asked if I would contribute something.
After much futzing around, I decided on a vintage/distress/glittery kind of floral thing. Here's what it ended up looking like.
The floral section turned up some nice surprises, though. Along with a lot of green foam, wire and tape, I found lovely tiny birds and nests. Miniature eggs, butterflies and lots of moss. I also found a roll of burlap. 10 yds for 3 bucks! Now I'm dreaming up all kinds of things to do with it :)
The trick to getting all of these weird textures to stick together turned out to be Mod Podge. I used clear gel glue to get the frames to stick, though.
I also found a new use for my Cuttlebug plates - I laid them on top of the cards until everything was dry. Kept it all nice and flat.
Have a wonderful evening. Thanks for stopping by.