Friday, March 5, 2010

Cigar Box Project

Hi all.  A couple of days ago I told you that I was creating a cigar box for a gradeschool auction.  Well, I finished it today and just couldn't wait to show it off!

I decided to go with a garden theme.  Everything you see on top of the box is made from paper - except the dragonfly.  He came from the craft store along with the tiny flowers.  The roses are ones I made by hand.  The butterflies are German scrap on a cardstock base.








I used an antique chandelier crystal for the pull to open the box. 











Yes, the dragonfly is "floating" over the "water".  Isn't he just great?














I had so much fun making this over the past week. What you can't see - and what really makes the box - is how shimmery the whole thing is.  There is glitter on the "stream" and Glimmer Mist on the flowers and greenery.

The box will be filled with gardening gloves, seeds, a windchime and an apron.  It's going to be tough giving this away - it's the most ambitious project I've done yet.

I guess that means I'll have to make another one, right?


Have a lovely weekend, everyone.  If the sun is shining where you are, enjoy it and all the bright, shiny new things sprouting all around.

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous gorgeous!!! you know where i'll be this weekend! enjoy your weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW! This is just beautiful! I just love boxes and I even covered old cigar boxes with velvet with I was a little kid...maybe six or seven. geeze... if I could just find one of them..it's filled with beads.
    You box is beautiful!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    Debbie Reaves

    www.bzstampr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete